Thursday, July 14, 2005

THIS . . . IS LONDON

The morning of the London subway bombings, one of the stations that I produce imaging for there e-mailed me for a rush news update liner. Fortunately, I was able to get that out to him within 20 minutes.

Since then, I've been thinking about a particular place in London that I don't see written about anymore. Speaker's Corner in Hyde Park has been the place where anyone could rant or rail or spout off about any subject that comes to mind. But ever since the Internet became a communication tool, I don't hear too much about it. You could say that Speaker's Corner is the first true blog... if not that, then at least the grandaddy of all podcasting.

Wouldn't it be interesting if the TV and cable networks would do a piece from Speaker's Corner? I'd like to know what the un-wired are saying.

--Thanks for reading

No comments: